Se habla espanol Mevorah Law Offiecs | Lombard Mevorah Law Office | Bloomingdale Mevorah Law Offices | Rockford Mevorah Law Offices | Joliet Mevorah Law Offices | St. Charles

Former U.S. Rep files to Stop Paying Child Support

without comments

According to a recent article, former United States representative Joe Walsh has filed papers in attempts to end his duty to pay $2,134 per month in child support.

Tea Party Republican Walsh is currently unemployed. He wants to “modify” his previous child support agreement, so that he will only pay 20 percent of his current salary. Walsh is behind on payments as of now; the payments were determined under a previous court order.

According to a court filing, Walsh “is without sufficient income or assets with which to continue to pay his support obligation.” The filing asks to terminate Walsh’s current child support obligation.

Jack Coladarci, an attorney for Walsh’s ex-wife, stated “this is the first communication we’ve received from the congressman; she had no information prior to receiving this filing the mail that he was going to seek…he did not pay January and he has not paid February support…you still have to keep paying until the judge says you can stop.”

“Joe’s employment has been terminated through no voluntary act of his own and he is without sufficient income or assets with which to continue to pay his support obligation. Due to a substantial change in circumstances, Joe requests that his child support obligation be terminated based on his present income and circumstances,” Walsh’s court filing states.

One of Walsh’s lawyers commented that the word “terminate” was misleading and that the word “modify” would be more precise. The end of Walsh’s filing asks the court to “modify Joe’s child support obligation to a sum equal to 20 percent of his net income until the minor child graduates from high school in 2013.”

According to congressman Walsh, the filing was routine and that he does intend to continue making his child support payments. He insisted he wasn’t a “deadbeat dad” during his failed re-election campaign last year.

If you are having issues with your current child support circumstances, it is in your best interest to contact an experienced Illinois attorney to assist you.

Written by Staff Writer

April 28th, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Leave a Reply

Our Other Practice Areas Personal Injury Family Law Workers Compensation Criminal Law Bankruptcy Immigration
900 E. Roosevelt Rd.
Lombard, IL 60148
Phone: (630) 932-9100
Fax: (630) 932-9868

Map and directions to
our Lombard Office
134 N. Bloomingdale Rd.
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
Phone: (630) 529-2400
Fax: (630) 529-7630

Map and directions to
our Bloomingdale Office
333 N. Randall Rd.
Suite 104

St. Charles, IL 60175
Phone: (630) 443-0600
Fax: (630) 932-9868

Map and directions to
our St. Charles Office

58 N. Chicago St.
Suite 500

Joliet, IL 60432
Phone: (815) 726-9200
Fax: (630) 932-9868

Map and directions to
our Joliet Office

105 W. Madison St.
Suite 2200

Chicago, IL 60602
Phone: (630) 932-9100
Fax: (630) 932-9868

Map and directions to
our Chicago Office

Home | Firm Overview | Attorney Profiles | Practice Areas | Contact Us | Resources
| Google

Schaumburg Divorce Lawyer | Lombard Divorce Attorney | DuPage Divorce Attorney | Will County Personal Injury Attorney | Criminal Lawyers in Will County | Divorce Lawyers in Will County

Free Legal Answers

Free initial consultation. Evening and weekend hours. Credit cards accepted. Email us or call (630) 932-9100.

Mevorah Law Offices LLC serves clients in the Chicago, Illinois, metro area including Lombard, Bloomingdale, Aurora, Schaumburg, Addison, Bensenville, Burr Ridge, Carol Stream, Clarendon Hills, Darien, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Glen Ellyn, Glendale Heights, Kankakee, Peoria, Champaign, Urbana, Rockford, St. Charles, Springfield, Joliet, Elgin, Decatur, Evanston, Waukegan, Hinsdale, Itasca, Lisle, Medinah, Naperville, Oakbrook, Oakbrook Terrace, Roselle, Villa Park, Warrenville, West Chicago, Westmont, Wheaton, Willowbrook, Winfield, Wood Dale, Woodridge, DuPage County, Kane County, Lake County, Will County, McHenry County, and Cook County.